Admittedly a lot of it is her tone of voice and a little bit of you-had-to-be-there but Molly said three things today that just cracked us up.
While driving in the car we were talking about how the teachers at her school run a tight ship and don't let the kids get away with much. I asked her, "Molly, Teacher Chris can be tough, huh? She really makes you guys stick to the rules?" To which Molly responded, "Oh, don't worry about me, I always have good behavior."
We laughed.
Later, when we were out at the park playing soccer on a full sized soccer pitch, Molly was having a blast and when Marie took her off to take a bathroom break she told Marie, "Maybe I don't want to be a princess when I grow up. Maybe I want to be a soccer player."
We laughed some more.
Then when we were doing some shopping for a birthday party the girls are going to Molly was taking a break in the stroller after Gracie got out. Of course that only meant Gracie wanted back in so we told her she could sit on Molly's lap. As they rode around Molly turned back to me and made yet another comment about her fantasy of being married. This month's choice is Miles from school. Stay tuned for the next flavor of the month. Anyway, she turned and said, "Maybe Miles and I will have two boys and they can do this too."
We laughed, sure. But also reminded her that she has a lot of time to think about such things. But who knows, if she can give up her dreams of being a princess, maybe she'll back burner the whole get married and have babies thing. At least until she turns four.



I honestly laughed out loud when I read this post no joke, Molly has quite the sense of humor a girl after my own heart :)
ReplyDelete