Sunday, May 23, 2010

A recent conversation with Molly

We are playing in the backyard and Molly sees a butterfly fly by and that starts yet another conversation that completely amazes me.
Molly says, "Mama I want to fly.  But I want to be a mama too.  I want to be lots of things, a princess, a soccer player, a doctor, a police officer."
So I tell her,  "Molly you can be anything you want to be when you grow up!  You are so smart, strong, kind and beautiful all you need to do is practice and work hard."
She is now sitting on my lap and we are hugging. Molly looks me in the eyes and says, " Mama I am going to cry." I say "oh why honey." "Just thinking of all the things you tell me I can be when I grow up."

No comments:

Post a Comment